POSITION: COMMUNICATION OFFICER (FULL-TIME)
OPENS: Monday September 17th, 2012
CLOSES: Monday September 24th, 2012
SALARY: $ 13.74
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, operates various communications equipment, answers and processes emergency and non-emergency calls, and dispatches public safety units.
- High school diploma or GED required
- One (1) year as police dispatcher or equivalent clerical experience
- Able to monitor emergency and general support radio frequencies
- Requires availability to work flexible schedule
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Residency within 25 miles of San Luis and within theUSrequired, San Luis residency preferred.
- Must have the ability to pass an extensive background check including polygraph examination
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
See job description.
TO APPLY: Application and background check consent required. Resumes without applications will not be considered. Request and submit application M-Th from 7am to 5pm to:
1090 E. Union ST.
P.O. Box 1170
San Luis, AZ 85349
Phone: (928) 341-8579
Fax: (928) 722-6773
CITY OF SAN LUIS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and the physically challenged are encouraged o apply. We enforce a drug-free environment for our employees and may require drug screening during employment.